Contest rules and classes
Competitors can register any number of model kits in any applicable category. The organizers reserve the right to merge categories, as well as the right to reclassify model kits to more applicable categories.
Entries in each category will be judged by a select committee of experienced modellers. Judging will be based on the best subjective impression made on the judges. The results published by the judges are final and irrevocable. Judges are not permitted to touch the displayed models.
There is no rule defining the number of awarded model kits within a category – the number of models awarded within a category is at the discretion of the committee of judges. Should the judges decide that there are no worthy entries in a category, then it is possible that no prizes will be awarded in that category. Competitors can win only one award in each category.
The organizers reserve the right to withdraw or disqualify any entry if they consider it to be in any respect offensive or in bad taste.
Registered model kits will be available for pick-up following the awarding of prizes at the close of the exhibition at 16:30.
The organizers reserve the right to photograph any model entered in the MODELLBRNO contest and use all such photos for promotional purposes.
No registration fee will be charged.
Online registration of model kits is open till June 13, 2017 at 20:00. On-site registration will also be possible on Friday, June 16, 2017 from 14:00 till 17:00 as well as on Saturday, June 17, 2017 from 8:00 till 10:00. The judging will start at 10:00 on Saturday.
The exhibition is also open for non-competition models. These might be your older models which you don't want to put into the competition, but you would like to present them. You can use the standard registration form for your non-competition models, you only need to ask for the Non-competition model badge.
Juniors I (ages 13 and under)
|A1||airplanes 1/48, 1/32, 1/24|
|A2||airplanes 1/72, 1/100, 1/144|
|A3||military vehicles 1/35|
|A4||military vehicles 1/72, 1/48|
|A6||others (ships, cars, figures etc.)|
Juniors II (ages 14-18)
|B1||airplanes 1/48, 1/32, 1/24|
|B2||airplanes 1/72, 1/100, 1/144|
|B3||military vehicles 1/35|
|B4||military vehicles 1/72, 1/48|
|B6||others (ships, cars, figures etc.)|
|C1||airplanes 1/32 with rigging|
|C2||airplanes 1/32 without rigging|
|C3||helicopters 1/32, 1/35|
|D1||jet airplanes 1/48 ready to fly|
|D2||jet airplanes 1/48|
|D3||propeller driven airplanes 1/48 ready to fly|
|D4||propeller driven airplanes 1/48|
|D5||civilian airplanes 1/48|
|D7||airplanes 1/48 with rigging|
|E1||jet airplanes 1/72 ready to fly|
|E2||jet airplanes 1/72|
|E3||propeller driven airplanes 1/72 ready to fly|
|E4||propeller driven airplanes 1/72|
|E5||civilian airplanes 1/72|
|E7||airplanes 1/72 with rigging|
|F||airplanes 1/80-1/1 000 000|
|G1||armored military vehicles 1/72, 1/76|
|G2||soft-skinned military vehicles 1/72, 1/76|
|X1||armored military vehicles 1/48|
|X2||soft-skinned military vehicles 1/48|
|H1||soft-skinned military vehicles 1/35 ready to fight|
|H2||soft-skinned military vehicles 1/35|
|H3||armored military vehicles 1/35 ready to fight|
|H4||armored military vehicles 1/35|
|I1||dioramas – military vehicles 1/72, 1/76|
|I2||dioramas – military vehicles 1/48|
|I3||dioramas – military vehicles 1/35|
|J1||dioramas – airplanes 1/72 and smaller (1/100, 1/144)|
|J2||dioramas – airplanes 1/48|
|J3||dioramas – airplanes 1/32|
|K||cars and military vehicles 1/87 (H0)|
|L||figures – small (up to 60 mm in height)|
|M||figures – big (more than 60 mm high)|
|N||figures – dioramas|
|W||others (sci-fi etc.)|
|Z1||Butch of the year|
- "ready to flight" airplanes
- The model represents an airplane ready for takeoff / ready to flight. All covers and doors must be closed, only the canopy may be open. Control surfaces (rudder, ailerons, elevator) may be deflected. Modifications and accessories are permitted, but the modeller must adhere to the conditions stated herein.
- airplanes other than "ready to flight"
- Modifications and accessories are permitted – any doors, covers and the canopy may be open.
- "ready to fight" military vehicles
- The model represents a military vehicle ready to fight. Only crew doors and hatches may be open, any other doors, covers or hatches must be closed. Modifications and accessories are permitted, but the modeller must adhere to the conditions stated herein.
- military vehicles other than "ready to fight"
- Modifications and accessories are permitted – any doors, covers and hatches may be open.
- armored military vehicles
- Military vehicles on wheels, tracks or half-tracked with armor, e.g. M113, M3 Halftrack, self-propelled howitzer M109, all tanks.
- soft-skinned military vehicles
- Military vehicles on wheels, tracks or half-tracked without armor, e.g. Jeep, military trucks, Hummer, 88mm anti-aircraft gun.